The End Is Near (2000) is the title of the Sloth section of Dancyger in the Dark (2000), a 16mm Advanced Film Production I group project made at Minnesota State University Moorhead in a class taught by Greg Carlson.
Despite a series of outrageous incidents that happen all around him, a slothful man shows no reaction.
The End Is Near is often referred to as Sloth, which was the sin represented by this movie. The credits as listed below are the ones that appeared in the original Dancyger in the Dark (2000) edit, and differ somewhat from the ones listed on Gag Films. The movie is one single, uninterrupted take, with special effects created by Dane Boedigheimer enhancing the end of the scene. The movie was shot at Woodlawn Park in Moorhead, Minnesota.
- Adam Hagen.... The Sloth
- Bryan Feir.... Raving Derelict
- Jason Taber.... Frisbee Guy
- Dan Heinan.... Flasher
- Josh Trumbo.... Mugger
- Katie Landphere.... Muggee
- Scott Stengrim.... Annoying Hammer Guy
- Brenda Carlson.... Dog Walker
- Dane Boedigheimer.... Annoying Balloon Guy
- Terence Brown II.... Lover Boy
- Karla Jean Frederick.... Lover Girl
- Brandon Opdahl.... Guy Who Gets Violently Electrocuted by Lightning and Whose Nuts Start on Fire
- The End Is Near (as Sloth) at Gag Films