Hamlet Must Die!!! (2000) is a movie created by Erik Wohlrabe, Brent Hagen, and Brian Fiala for their Senior High School English project on Shakespeare's Hamlet. The movie is intended to be a parody of gangster movies.
Hamlet, here reimagined as a moody, mentally unbalanced fan of The Cure, is enlisted by the ghost of his gangster father to slay Don Claudius, who seeks to move the family business away from racketeering and towards the making of urban films.
Most actors played multiple roles. The movie was shot on Video 8 and edited on a Casablanca non-linear system. The only colors used in the film are black, white, and red.
- Brian Fiala.... Hamlet
- Jennifer Boyle.... Ophelia
- Steven Leske.... The Ghost of Hamlet's Father/The Godfather
- Aaron Hommerding.... Don Claudius
- Brent Hagen.... Laertes
- Bobbie Olson.... Gertrude
- Jon Nelson.... Polonious
- Jim Schnobrich.... Marmalade, Hamlet's Imaginary Best Friend
- Josh Baker.... Bernie
- Erik Wohlrabe.... Horatio
- James Eskeldson.... DMX
- Peter Fox.... Rosencrantz
- Matt Scheurmann.... Guildenstern
- Virgil Felt.... Don Fortine
- Michael Felt.... His son, Michael
- Adam Alexander.... Extra
- David Sanchez.... Extra
- Jason Mumme.... Extra
- Lawrence Wohlrabe.... Extra